Society of St. Vincent de Paul Friends of the Poor® Walk
The Walk will begin at Saint Patrick’s Cathedral and will end at the Church of Our Lady of Good Counsel on East 90th Street. The FOP® Walk is a fundraiser for our SVdP Conference and is also a fun, family-friendly social/community event that is great for members, volunteers, friends/family of all ages. Mass and lunch at Our Lady of Good Counsel will follow the Walk. However, there are some restrictions, as follows:
- ALL participants in the Friends of the Poor Walk MUST wear a mask during the Mass.
- Any participants who wish to take part in the lunch after Mass MUST be vaccinated AND provide proof of vaccination.
- Proof of vaccination can be emailed to [email protected] (preferred) prior to the day of the walk, or they can show it the day of the walk.
Interested participants are encouraged to register as a Walker even if they do not yet know what your plans will be on that day. SVdP also strongly encourages each of you to invite two friends to register and participate with you.
Our Conference has chosen a team name “Walking the Walk of Faith Team”.
How to Register:
– To register, click here.
– Next, click on “Join this Team”.
– You will then need to Select Beneficiary. Click on the box that says “Choose Beneficiary” and choose “St. Lawrence O’Toole (@St.Ignatius Loyola Parish)”. This step is very important. While you are not required to raise funds, choosing our SVdP Conference as the beneficiary ensures you are counted as one of our walkers and that if you do raise any funds, they will get to us.